onsdag 22 februari 2012

My review of "Rango"


Without a doubt the best animation I've seen in one of the best animated films that I've ever seen. It's a Nickelodeon films production and I haven't been very impressed by them in recent years, but this animation just knocks all other films out of the game. You can literally see every wrinkle on Rango's skin. It's absolutely amazing and very lifelike.

It's the story of Rango, a pet chameleon who accidentally comes across a little town called Dirt. He is apointed sheriff of the town in hopes of being able to save it from aridity.

The whole plot just becomes so damn contemporary, especially when more and more is unfolded in the story but that's as much as I'll say...

The voice acting is absolutely amazing, especially by Johnny Depp. Who would've known? But then again, Johnny Depp isn't exactly known for disappointing. Also lending their voices: Isla Fisher, Abigail Breslin, Ned Beatty, Alfred Molina, Bill Nighy, Stephen Root, Harry Dean Stanton, Timothy Olyphant, Ray Winstone and more! What a cast! They all did a brilliant job.

Gore Verbinski, director of such films as "The Mexican", "The Weather Man" and Pirates of the Caribbean 1-3 has directed "Rango", making this his first animated film. It is nominated for an Academy Award in the category of "Best Animated Feature Film of the Year" and I personally think it should win. I've seen all other in the category and I think this is the strongest one. Best animation, best plot, most entertaining.

I personally think this was one of the best films of 2011, it's a little gem. I think it didn't get the attention it very much deserved, which is quite a shame... It's absolutely hilarious, the characters are likeable as well as unlikeable, the ones that should be unlikeable that is.

I think it's a very clever film and there's not really much bad to say about it. I know a lot of people aren't going to agree on my rating but I stand corrected. This is not a boring animated film, finally an animated film that's for adults. I hate people who claim a film is for kids simply because it's animated, stop that will you?

This film is a fresh breath of air in the animation industry, at least that's what I think.. I think you should see this film if you want a good time.

My rating: 10/10

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar