torsdag 23 februari 2012

My review of "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1"


I never really got into the Harry Potter series, I simply am not into these kind of franchises very much. But that does not mean I can't understand the greatness of them. However, I do not like the way franchises are milking audiences for money, especially in this new fucked up way that producers for some reason think is acceptable. Yes, I'm talking about dividing a movie into two parts. There is simply NO artistic merit behind dividing a long film into two very dragged out movies. It is nothing but a way to get people to pay up big bucks, I say big bucks because the prices for cinema tickets are ridiculous, and then not giving the audience much of the vital points of the story.

That's exactly what this movie is, sure it has brilliant and incredibly cool effects.. but this is not suppose to be "Transformers" where there's a very minimalistic or unimportant plot and the whole movie is just built on effects. I just think it's a damn shame... the movie has some, or most of Great Britain's most amazing actors and I can't help but think that this movie is the "sell-out" of the series.. maybe not story wise, but in the sense of it being divided into two parts.

This movie is so dragged out! It's about 2 hours and 15 minutes and the best action is literally in the last 15 minutes, obviously just to get you ready for part two, which you have to wait a year to see. Well, not now when it's already out but you get my point.

All of the villains, especially Lord Voldemord, are trying to kill Harry Potter and most of this movie is set in a forrest where they're just hiding out and having some teenage crisis.

I'm so very mad at this film and the way this crap has been going on.. I couldn't give two shits about other films that are divided, like "Twilight" but Harry Potter is NOT "Twilight". The Harry Potter franchise has good actors, that's one very big difference for starters. It also has a better plot and all that.

I can imagine "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2" being much better with the story being all wrapped up and finally coming to a conclusion.. but these two movies should have simply been one movie.

However, the directing, editing and everything else is absolutely great! It's enjoyable but very slow, at least that's what I think.. If you like the Harry Potter movies, you'll like this for sure.. Maybe I'm the only one who can't stand these movies being divided?

My rating: 6,5/10


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar