torsdag 2 februari 2012

My review of "Midnight in Paris"



Oh boy, this movie is all a movie experience should be about... I've been a fan of Woody Allen and I've always wanted to act in a Woody Allen film ever since I saw "Annie Hall" but I didn't expect much before watching the film. I don't hate his newer films, it's just not much of the Woody Allen I want to see.. This film seems to be so different from Woody Allen's work yet it seems like he's gone back to his roots.. It's smart, funny and witty, just like the older Woody Allen films..

I can't help but compare Owen Wilson to a young Woody Allen. He sounds, acts and has manerisms just like Woody Allen! The cast is absolutely mind blowing: Rachel McAdams, Michael Sheen, Alison Pill, Tom Hiddleston, Kathy Bates, Carla Bruni, Marion Cotillard and more! However, my favorites are Corey Stoll who plays Ernest Hemingway and does so brilliantly might I add! But my absolute favorite, who makes the movie top notch to me is Adrien Brody as Salvador Dali. Absolutely laugh out loud funny! It just proves how funny, yes you read that correctly, Adrien Brody can be.

This movie is pure magic, it's the story about American screenwriter Gil Pender who comes to Paris with his fiancé Inez in search of some inspiration for his new novel.. After heading out to take a walk in Paris, he discovers the magic of Paris at midnight, he's thrown back in time and gets to meet all of his favorite writers... It's quite an adventure! Unfortunately though, I don't know if you may want to call this a spoiler, we don't get to know if the whole thing is only a figment of his imagination or not... I would most certainly think that's the way it should be seen...

Woody Allen wrote and directed this film but it would be fun to see him in a little cameo, I miss Woody Allen, the actor. The Academy Award for Best Writing will most likely go to Woody, I know I'd love to see that...

There's not much more to be said about this film, it's movie magic, a true gem that will leave you happy after seeing this film... It might be predictable but it still to me one of the best films of the year, especially when you don't have big expectations before seeing it. Also, it will leave you most likely wanting to head to Paris.

My rating: 7,7/10

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar